ACTC realizes that every family is unique and the plan of intervention must meet the individual needs of every patient and family. Frequency and duration of interventions are considered on a case by case basis. Family members are encouraged to participate in the treatment sessions. A strong emphasis is placed on educating the patient and family.
Therapy for children utilizes creative play to employ treatment interventions. Children guide the therapist through play activities as the therapist guides the child through desired movements and exercises.
We accept most insurances and we will confirm our participation in your insurance plan upon scheduling your appointment. As a courtesy to you, we will help educate you how to confirm your physical therapy benefits, copay, deductible, referral, and prescription obligations. We will bill your insurance company directly and will be paid by the insurance company for services provided. Copayment is expected on the day of the appointment. Some of our programs are not covered by insurance and are provided on a private pay basis. Payment for these services is expected on the day of service.
Evaluations, screening, and treatment sessions are provided by appointment only. We understand that families have busy lifestyles and we do our best to accomodate you with times and days that best fit your schedule. Our office is open Monday through Saturday with morning and afternoon appointments.
On your first visit, please arrive early so that you may complete the forms necessary to provide interventions and submit insurance claims.
The first visit is the initiation of the evaluation. It will be a time to let the child get comfortable in the new environment and become aquainted with the therapist. The family will have the opportunity to discuss the child's accomplishments, their concerns, their expectations, and have questions answered. Together, the family and the therapist will develop a plan of intervention that best meets the needs of the child. The initial visit typically lasts one hour. Treatment session times may vary based on the child's needs and tolerance.
Services we are qualified to provide include:
- Interventions with newborns, infants, toddlers, children, adolescents, teenagers, and young adults.
- Evaluations, direct interventions, consultation for orthopedic and neurologic conditions.
- Interactive Metronome
- Cranialsacral Therapy
- Therapeutic Listening
- Social Groups
- Brain Gym
- Orthotic prescriptions, casting for orthotic fabrication, orthotic fittings and adjustments.
- Prosthetic management and training.
- Serial casting, Constraint induced therapy casting
- Partial weightbearing treadmill training.
- Wheelchair prescriptions, wheelchair fittings, adjustments, functional training.
- Adaptive equipment prescriptions, fittings, functional training.
- Theratog fitting, training.
- Electrical stimulation for muscle re-education, pain management, strengthening.